UITCT Behavioral Health Overview
The Behavioral Health department at the Urban Inter-Tribal Center of Texas provides services that assist individuals and families with creating and maintaining a balanced lifestyle. We offer confidential, faith-based behavioral health services for Native Americans and Alaska Natives.
- Couples, Family, and Relationship Counseling - to promote better relationships and understanding within a family
- Individual counseling - to promote self-betterment
- Gried counseling
- CPS Counseling - Referrals accepted from CPS for mandated counseling and drug screening assessment
- BIO Feedback - A technique that assists with curbing stress and anxiety by harnessing the power of one's mind
- Anger diffusion
- Relaxation training
- Cognitive Behavioral Restructuring
Substance Abuse Program
- Outpatient substance abuse counseling services
- Referrals to inpatient recovery centers at no cost to the patient
- Contract with Inpatient Recovery Center in Wichita Falls, TX and Stephenville, TX
- Referrals to detoxification services. Detoxification is the process of removing drugs and the effects of drugs from the body
- Community outreach activities to educate local schools and organization about the negative effects of drugs and alcohol
- Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous - Help in finding support group within the community
- 12 Step Study - Spiritual study to improve personal and family betterment
- Healing Circle support group - A network of individuals in recovery and family members, meetings are every 3 months, sharing personal recovery experiences
Healing Circle Support Group
The Healing Circle is a network of individuals, persons in recovery and family members who are willing to share their experience of recovery from alcohol or drugs, provide support, and act as mentors and sponsors during the continuous recovery process.
We invite you to attend this community and family support group meeting to celebrate each person's recovery. Please visit the UITCT Calendar of Events to find information about the meeting.
Behavioral Health Scheduling
Appointments are available weekdays:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Make an appointment with the Behavioral Health Department
Mike Frazier, BS, LCDC
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselor
Behavioral Health Director
UITCT Primary Care Clinic - 1261 Record Crossing Rd
214-941-1050 Ext. 231
Crisis & Emergency Information
For life-threatening emergencies, including threat or injury to self or others, call 911 immediately.
Crisis Hotline Numbers
- Suicide Prevention (800)-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- Domestic Violence (800)-SAFE (7233)
- Elder Abuse (800) 252-5400
- Child Abuse (800) 4ACHILD (422-4453)
- Texas Health and Human Services 2-1-1