The urban inter-tribal center of Texas understands that these are some very difficult times for all of us.
We want you to know that we are here for you and able to provide you with tools to keep you and your family safe and healthy.
COVID-19 Information you can trust
UITCT is continuing to improve our efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and maintain a safe environment for our patients and staff. We are currently offering a safe, easy, and convenient way for you to get COVID-19 tested. We want to ensure that we give you the resources to keep you and your family healthy, safe, and informed during this time.
How to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Two methods to test for COVID-19 at the drive-through clinic
Viral Tests for COVID-19 (Tests for current infection):
- Viral tests identify the virus in samples from your respiratory system, such as swabs from the inside of your nose.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR):
- This test detects the genetic material (RNA) that is a part of the virus.
- This is the best test to determine if you currently have COVID-19. If you test positive, this means you have a current COVID-19 infection. Results are sent to a laboratory to process.
- Results usually take 3-5 days.
- You will be notified of the results.
- This test detects a viral protein that is part of the virus.
- This test also detects current infections of COVID-19, but are slightly less reliable than the PCR tests.
- If this is the test ordered by your provider, you will remain in your vehicle once testing is complete.
- You will be given the results in about 30 minutes to an hour.
Drive-thru COVID-19 testing
- Drive through testing for COVID-19 is now available at UITCT.
- Available for tribal and their household members only.
- A convenient way to get tested if you or someone you have been around having tested positive for COVID-19
- Please call the medical office at 214-941-1050 to schedule a telemedicine visit first.
- YOU MUST MAKE AN appointment only AND HAVE TELEMEDICINE VIDEO IN ORDER TO GET TESTED.
If you have made an appointment to be tested for Coronavirus (COVID-19) at UITCT, please fill out the COVID Testing Questionnaire before your visit in order to provide us with as much information as possible about your location, work, symptoms, and who you have been in contact with. Together we can stop the spread of COVID-19!
Testing Location: Urban-Inter-tribal Center of Texas.126 Record Crossing Rd. Dallas, TX 75235
Testing Hours: Monday -Thursday 9:30 am-3:30 pm. Friday 9:30-12noon
Contact by appointment only. Phone (214) 941 -1050 ext 282