Employment & Training Dept. - WIOA Program
UITCT is an Indian and Native American grantee of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Section 166 and the U.S. Department of Labor. Quality employment and training services are provided to unemployed and low-income Native Americans, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians. WIOA is designed to support employment and training activities in order to develop more fully the academic, occupational, and literacy skills; make individuals more competitive in the workforce; and promote economic and social development.
While job search can be an intimidating experience, the Employment & Training staff is here to assist job searchers. Some of the services provided in our job search program:
- Job Search assistance: Our Job Developer is dedicated to providing one-on-one career counseling and resource information to meet the individual needs of each job searcher.
- Resume writing and interview skills prep: Our staff can assist job searchers with creating and updating resumes to help you market your professional skills and abilities. Along with resume writing, our staff can also assist job searchers in practicing interview skills, short-term training, and financial assistance.
Our WIOA Classroom Training (CRT) Program focuses on assisting individuals interested in long-term training. The following assistance is given to college students pursuing continuing education certificates or college degrees within a demand occupation:
- tuition or books assistance
- Career Counseling
- Assistance w/ grant and scholarship applications
- Internship program
In addition to our job search and classroom training services, other WIOA Program services provided include GED prep, computer resource room, supportive services, workshops, and referrals through partnerships.
WIOA Program Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed WIOA application packet
- Birthdate/Age: Valid State I.D. or Driver License (cannot accept expired documents)
- Proof of residence in 11 county service area: Utility bill, lease, letter of residence (applicant's name must be on the document)
- Citizenship verification: Social security card or birth certificate
- Indian verification: BIA Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) or Tribal enrollment card/letter
- Household income (for applicants who are currently employed): Total household income 30 days before application date (check stubs, unemployment documents, public assistance award letters (SSI, VA, etc)). Total household income must meet income guidelines. All household members 18+.
- Selective Service Registration: Registration required for male applicants born after 01/01/1960
- Employment Eligibility Verification: I-9 form
Contact WIOA intake : 214 941 1050 ext: 223
Employment Status: Current unemployed applicants will need to register with the Texas Workforce Commission in lieu of family income.